Preview of Seasons of Life coming soon to Kindle and Apple Books

 

There are times in our life when it feels like the season we are in, isn’t producing results. Sometimes the lack of progress we think we see, can make us believe that we aren’t accomplishing anything or moving towards our goals. But this is not true. When I was little, I loved to spend hours writing short stories and drawing. My mother purchased a course on grammar and punctuation, so that I would have a better understanding of the basics of grammar. I loved the stories in the course and spent hours learning how to recognize and correct common grammatical errors including context issues, the incorrect use of synonyms, spelling and punctation errors. In addition to working on the stories in each lesson, I also continued to write my own stories about fictional characters and spent hours drawing the art for the stories I created. 

As the years went by, my family purchased art courses and more advanced writing classes. Some of these taught the basics of creative writing from the perspective of well known authors of the time and introduced me to graphics art on a computer. The years passed on as I went from a child to a teen and finally an adult. Through all the changes and adventures in life, I still maintained a love for writing and artwork. As an adult my writing transitioned to an online blog. At the time, I had never read a blog online and did not have any experience in sharing my writing with people. I prayed and spent hours searching for the right platform online. I believed that the things I was studying in the church and seeing in the world, should be discussed and shared with Christians, but I only had a few minutes to chat with friends before church services during the week. 

After a lot of prayer, I finally found Blogger hosted by Google and began putting all the things I had read about and seen in church, into articles that I wanted to post. I learned the basics of formatting a blogpost and began the journey of being a writer online for a worldwide audience. Even though I was intimidated about sharing my work and did not know how my writing would be received, I prayed for guidance and started posting articles on a weekly basis. I also continued to fulfill my family and scholastic responsibilities.

Some people might think that bloggers rarely get hassled or harassed for what they write, but this is not true. While I was using Google+ and joining groups to promote my writing, I went through a time when Google blocked my content and ability to post. This happened more than once. The first time was because members of a Christian group I had joined, disagreed with the topics and viewpoints of one of the articles I wrote regarding the persecution of individuals in the Middle East. At the time, persecution of ethnic and religious groups in the Middle East, was not being covered by mainstream news. Since I had met missionaries over the years who were subject to persecution, I decided to write several articles about the severity of persecution and speak out for the groups of people who could not defend themselves in the media at large. The first form of disagreement came from comments by users who said that although my article was well written, it was not an appropriate article to write at that time. 

I thanked the person and did not remove my article. Shortly after that, I received an email from Google+ informing me that my content violated their speech policies. Because of my violation, my account was censured and my ability to post was revoked for one week. 

At first this ban caused me great discouragement because I was unable to comment on or like any of my friends’ posts on the site. Even though this made me to feel lonely and isolated, I did not stop writing. I was still able to post to my blog, even though I could not share any of the links. Since I was able to post to Facebook, I informed my friends, who I also had connected with on Google, about the ban and shared links to my latest articles on my blog. Now some readers might assume that I decided to never post or share controversial articles on Google, after I had been released from social media jail. For some people this would be enough to steer them away from any content that was unpopular or that would not draw in a large audience. But this was not the direction I felt I should pursue. Instead, I prayed for strength, courage and continued to write and research topics for my blog. This was not in defiance of Google and the rules of their site. My decision was inspired by my desire to not be intimidated and to continue to speak out on important topics that I felt people should be aware of and have an informed opinion on. As my readership increased though, the difficulties of posting certain articles without censorship by Google, also increased. International internet content policies were passed by organizations, including the European Union, that enacted wide reaching moderation of free speech across all internet platforms. This caused me to be blocked a second time for writing articles that were not in accordance with European free speech laws. This second ban resulted in a two week suspension from Google+.  In addition to writing about these various reforms after I had been released a second time from social media jail, I also started feeling a pull in my heart to expand my writing into books. The transition of going from bi-weekly blog posts, to writing books was at first intimidating to say the least. Even though I had studied the craft of writing in high school, I was still nervous about stepping into the unknown future of being an author. After much prayer and seeking the input of my family, I started writing about holidays and looked at creating children’s books.....

Coming soon to Kindle and Apple Books later in 2021

To receive more updates on this book and others I am working on along with new content, follow me on your favorite sites 

Follow me on your favorite sites

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ5IIt4ESWaIiS7MXYUaQUQ 

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/J.E.-Nickerson/e/B0971QG47N?ref_=dbs_p_ebk_r00_abau_000000 wearewisethinkers?fan_landing=true 

Twitter:https://twitter.com/JE_Nickerson 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wearewisethinkers

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/j.e.nickerson/ 

Linkdin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/j-e-nickerson-a089b5118/ 

GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/21623816.J_E_Nickerson


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God provides whatever we need

Mornings with God

New Eddie and Freddy Children’s Books Coming Fall 2023