The Faithfulness of God


 Sometimes our life abruptly and harshly changes without warning. In this special article co-written with my family member, B. Nickerson, I would like to encourage everyone who has ever experienced suddenly difficulties and trauma in their life. 


While entering into another holiday season, I would like to take time to reflect upon the faithfulness of God. Beginning at the end of last year, situations arose that took me on a long and challenging journey. After dealing with a bout of the great flu and feeling as though I would recover physically and return to my previous routine, I was surprised to find out that the symptoms, periodically reappeared. This continued through the current year, adding occasional and unforeseen complications in my health. 


While I was grappling with the reoccurrence of the great flu through the past year, I was also confronted with the abrupt departure of someone who had been in my life regularly, for the last 50 years. Instead of being a soft departure, it was a hard and harsh awakening into a new chapter of my life. 


But God was faithful to me. He provided daily prayer support and conversation, when I was struggling the most. 


God touched my body and overcame the symptoms I was experiencing. He enabled me to function and deal with the situation I was facing. He made it possible for me to pay my bills and not have to move out of my home of 22 years. 


God continually surprises me with answered prayers and desires of my heart that go back many years. 


God is a faithful father who never leaves us or forsakes us. He has answered many prayers exceedingly and abundantly beyond what I could ask or think. 


In the dark times of your life, when you are lonely and depressed, God is always there. As you start the next holiday season, remember God is faithful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God provides whatever we need

Mornings with God

New Eddie and Freddy Children’s Books Coming Fall 2023