The story behind Eddie and Freddy children’s series

 

By J.E. Nickerson

When I was a child, I often asked my mother to tell me stories. One day, my mother made up two characters that have been a part of my life from childhood. These characters were a little boy named Eddie, his puppy named Freddy and Eddie’s mother, only referred to as Mommy.


My mother spent hours making up stories that kept me entertained. Sometimes the story was about Eddie and Freddy exploring the woods, learning about history, chasing giants, becoming knights or simply wanting to play all night, instead of going to bed.


After every story Eddie learned an important lesson. Whenever Eddie went on adventures away from home, he always returned to Mommy before dinner and bedtime.


When I started to write the Eddie and Freddy’s Adventures series, I slowly developed the characters and gave them more modern adventures. These include Eddie learning how to take care of sick family members, meeting Holly a little girl and Ivey, her cat. These characters were Introduced in the book Eddie and Freddy Meet Holly and Ivey. Some of the topics I cover include Eddie getting a concussion, Eddie getting a bug that makes him sick and Eddie visiting a special kingdom and meeting a king.

This series is very special to me and close to my heart. It is the most enjoyable series of books I have written. I am thankful to my mother for creating these characters and thankful to God for helping me to turn a few characters into an ongoing children’s series.


As I continue to explore new topics, I invite you the reader to follow along and share the joys, excitement and lessons that Eddie learns with Freddy, Mommy and all of the characters in this series.


You can pick up a digital and paperback copy of Eddie and Freddy’s Adventures on Amazon, Apple Books, Kindle, Barnes and Noble.

Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/J.E.%20Nickerson

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/J.E.-Nickerson/e/B0971QG47N?ref_=dbs_p_ebk_r00_abau_000000

Apple Books: https://books.apple.com/us/author/j-e-nickerson/id1555079845

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God provides whatever we need

Mornings with God

New Eddie and Freddy Children’s Books Coming Fall 2023